Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I made it!

Hello!  I did it, finally!  I have been watching my daughter and son-in-law making such beautiful things together and then posting them on their blog spot and it has inspired me to get in there and do things myself.  Wow, just a few months ago I would never have guessed it!  Right now, this is bare bones, but I will be working at learning as I go along.  The purpose of this little blog is to share my adventurous nature with others and maybe get a little smile from you once in awhile. 

My life has been one of surviving in a normal world, 9th child in a family of 10 kids, growing up in the country on a small farm, with all kinds of animals, birds and bees and never a dull moment!  I have seen technology grow and grow.  As a child, we lived in a house without an indoor bathroom!  We took a bath once a week in the old galvanized tub, littlest kid first.  You know the old saying:  don't throw the baby out with the wash water!?  My mom was a saint and taught me how to embroider, knit and crochet, wash clothes in the old ringer washer, and how to butcher a chicken from start to finish!  You know the saying:   running around like a chicken with it's head cut off!?

I remember as a kid I would spend hours planning some project...planning, planning, planning.  I would never actually get started on doing the project!  Ever been there?  I think it might be called "fear of failure!"  Well, I think I have finally been able to get past the planning stage in my life.  I am the mother of four wonderful, inspiring, grown kids who make me so proud!  I have been able to finish several very large bed quilts and several wall hangings, have done oil and watercolor paintings.  I learned to can from my mother as well as garden, (my garden has never quite come up to the standard of hers, but she is a saint and I don't think I will ever come up to her standard in anything...she had 10 kids!) make clothing and in general, work hard.  In fact, I get as much pleasure from the process as from the outcome!  Oh, I do get a lot of satisfaction from seeing a finished project, but working on it has to be fun, too!

Come along with me on this new adventure and I will try to join you in yours, too.  Smile a little, it is good for you!
Cheers, Gladys

No comments:

Post a Comment